Best Truck Bed Tents For Toyota Tacoma
There is never a season for adventures as long as you are in the mood for it. Camping by far is noted to be one of the most thrilling experiences in the arms of nature. If you are a frequent camper, you know what I am talking about. But if you haven’t camped before, I’m sure you will find motivation. Camping is more fun when done with the right accessories. Camping on grounds while on a fishing trip, mountain hiking, beach trip etc. has been a common practice, but camping on the back of your pickup truck is a whole other experience.
Choose The Best Toyota Tacoma Tent For You
If you own a truck, you only need to buy a camping canvas and you are set. But buying the right tent surely is a task. There are a lot of factors and features to consider and you would also want to take other user’s reviews into account. In your quest to finding the perfect truck bed tent for Toyota Tacoma, this article can serve your rulebook.
1) Truck Bed Tent By Rightline Gear For Toyota Tacoma
If you are looking to purchase a truck bed tent for Toyota Tacoma that is easy to set up, this product could suit your need well. It is 5.5 ft in body length that fits a full sized truck. This truck tent that weighs only 8 pounds and occupies dimension of 23.3 x 14.2 x 14.2 inches when packed is your camping buddy. The design comes without a floor so you can set up a bed of your choice that need not be removed when you install or remove the tent. The easy to set up camper is made of durable fabric that is extreme weather resistance. This helps you go camping without having to worry about the weather in your camp side much. It comes with an additional rainfly that can be attached or removed depending on the rainy situation outside. What more would you need from a camper to call it the best truck bed tent for Toyota Tacoma.
Key Features :
- It offers a comfortable room for two to sleep on a campsite.
- The manufacturer gives a warranty of a year against defects and the customer service team is skilfully trained.
- For proper ventilation, a sky vent is present in the canopy. This also permits a better view at night and some light during the day time.
- The nylon buckles in the tent and the heavy duty propylene made straps that structure the tent are safe for your truck and would not damage its finish.
- The design is floorless, so without removing the gear from the bed, you can set the camp up or take it down.
- The material of the camper body is waterproof and PU 2000mm seams that are tape sealed to the tent will help you keep dry.
- The tent has a hook for hanging lanterns to give you additional light that you need inside the tent.
- There are two gear pockets available inside the truck for you to storage your mobile phone, torch etc.
- The zippers are fabricated to glow in the dark giving you easy access in and out of the tent even at night.
- The pole pockets and poles in the tent are color coded. So the installation process becomes simpler.
Buyer’s Experiences :
- 57% of the users have found this tent a 5 out of 5 stars product. 21% of customers rated it 4 stars while 3 stars, 2 stars and 1 star have been given by 6%, 9% and 7% people respectively.
- For it’s easy to assemble feature, the camper has been rated 4.7 stars out of 5. It has received 3.8 stars on its durability.
- Customers applaud the capacity of the tent to survive strong winds and huge rainstorm. They still feel dry inside even after rain on the campsite.
- Audiences believe the exterior and interior of the canopy exhibit a good appearance and that the tent over the back of your truck is an overall good addition to the camp.
- Although users have had a good experience with the fabric durability of the tent, there have been complaints about the quality of the clips, stitches and zips in the tent.
2) Toyota Tacoma Truck Bed Tent By Napier Backroadz
This product has been manufactured keeping customer needs and product price synchronous with each other. No doubt it has been marked as a “must have” by customers. Due to its multiple size variations, this tent not only perfectly fits Tacoma trucks but also fits other trucks by Ford, Chevrolet and others quite well. Basically, it is designed to fit trucks that even have a toolbox or bed liner included.
The tent comes with a built-in floor in that is a safety layer between your truck’s dust and your bedding. Since it comes with a floor attached, it can also be used as a ground tent. It is easy to install a tent. Marked very weather and temperature friendly, this tent will be your friend in almost all camping locations. So keep it on the back rack of your Tacoma for all your planned and unplanned adventures, be it camping, fishing or a vacation on the beach side.
Key Features :
- Rarely found in other truck bed tents, this camper comes with a sewn-in floor which helps you stay away from the dust granules in your truck and keeps you dry.
- It comes in varying sizes ranging from 5.5 ft full short bed size, 6ft compact size, 6.5 ft regular to 8 ft full sized long flatbed. The prices are set accordingly.
- A full coverage rain fly that can be attached via clips to the camper gives you all-round protection from changing weather conditions.
- The interior area of the camper is large with a headroom space of 5.6 ft.
- The item weight is 14.25 pounds, slightly more than usual compact tents.
- The assembly is based on color-coded poles and sleeves. Hence it is as easy as a one person’s job.
Buyer’s Experiences :
- This customer favorite product has been given 4.3 stars out of 5 in reviews. Out of this, 72% of the people exclaim it to be a 5 stars fit product. And less than 15% of the people have given it an average of 3 or lower rating. This speaks a lot about the product in itself.
- Users feel once you use this truck bed tent for Toyota Tacoma, you will get so comfortable that you would forget sleeping on ordinary ground campers.
- People have taken this tent out multiple times in harsh weathers – rainy, windy, dusty, thunderstorms and in extreme temperature conditions and still have found it to be durable.
- Users say that the setup takes 15-20 minutes maximum even when done by one person.
- People who were not a fan of camping have changed their opinions after using this product.
- The straps, although are not padded for protection against friction and seem to wear off the truck paint a little.
3) Napier Sportz Truck Bed Tent for Toyota Tacoma
Napier Enterprises have launched this truck bed tent for Toyota Tacoma that comes with a patented sewn in floor. This Sportz truck tent creates a comfortable resting space in the rack of your open-bed pickup in your camping adventures. Other than Tacoma it also fits well other compact pickup truck models – Chevrolet S-10, Toyota Hilux, Ford Ranger, Isuzu Hombre, Jeep Camanche, Nissan Frontier, Mazda B series, Colorado, GMC Canyon, Sonoma.
Key Features :
- The product comes in 7 different models to fit a big range of trucks available in the market.
- It is built for a compact regular flatbed size.
- The design of this canopy marks a sewn-in floor design.
- The interior of the tent offers a large space along with 5.6 ft headroom.
- The tent is extremely ventilated with two huge windows, two side vents and a middle divider that offers more air inlet.
- There is a rear access door to the tent from where you can access the Tacoma’s cab for extra storage or phone charging facilities.
- For easy setup, the poles and sleeves are color marked.
- The tent is a comfortable sleep for two adults.
Buyer’s Experiences :
- The product has received extreme reviews. Where 67% of the users have marked this tent 4 stars out of 5 based on their experiences, 33% of the people have rated it extremely low at 1 star.
- Users have taken this camper out in windstorms and have promptly applauded its steadiness.
- The product is easy to assemble and offers a good fit to the trucks outlined in its compatibility list.
- Although there have been praises for the quality of the canopy, some users have complaints against leaks in rainy weather inside the tent.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The first thing to always keep in mind when storing your tent after your camping trip is to store it after it is completely dried out from moisture and air. Show it out in sunlight before you store it. Irrespective of whether to camp in rainy weather or not, sun drying is the foremost rule of storage.
Another factor to keep in mind is, sometimes your tent can catch a mold even after it is stored as guided above. For this, store your tent in a place that receives direct sunlight daily and allows the tent inner side to rest in sunlight at least every alternate day.
A good way to clean the tent is to fairly spray it with water inside and out. However, to remove stains in particular areas, you can use soap and sponge or rubbing alcohol to remove tough stains. This in turn has an adverse effect on the water-proofing abilities of the canopy. So after soap wash, it is advised to treat the area with a silicone-based waterproofing eg, Kiwi Camp Dry. After the cleaning, make sure you completely dry the tent in sunlight and then store.
Be it Toyota Tacoma or any other pickup truck, the usage of truck tents in camping is also advisable. Firstly, being off the ground and on a vehicle rooftop, unlike traditional ground camps, you attain better protection against insects and animals in your campsite. Secondly, since their grounding is firm on the truck bed, it withstands strong wind and rainstorm better. Thirdly, you would not need to spend hours finding a leveled ground to set up the camp, as long as your truck is parked well. Moreover, truck tents are comparatively easy to set up and do not need hassles of using a rope and other attachments to set up an ordinary tent.
Usually, the sizing guide is mentioned in the technical specifications provided by any tuck tent manufacturing company. When you measure, take note of the bed length with the tailgate up and make sure to measure along the bottom of the bed instead of the top. This dimension should be equally matching the tent size mentioned or only a few inches plus or minus. If the tent does not fall in the range for your vehicle, prefer to look for other options.
Few Final Thoughts
The products listed above are not marked in any order of preference. These are few among the best truck bed tents for Toyota Tacoma. The price range of a truck bed tent starts from 100+ dollars to 250+ dollars. However, a higher price does not always mean better quality. Know your preferences and pick the right tent. Happy camping to you!.