Are you going to plan for truck camping? Have you kept all the required items? If not, then this article is for you. You must have heard about truck camping experience from your family and friends. Camping provides you wonderful adventures that you want to experience during your vacation.
In this article, we will help you out to buy Most Useful Truck Camping Accessories that are essential for your next camping. Hold on your seat belt and let us get started.
First of all, let us understand about truck camping.
What is truck camping?
The most important thing about truck camping is the truck itself as you have to pick a truck of your choice and start camping. The truck must be accessorized with essential camping tools and must contain like utilities, kitchen wear, and camping gear for a better experience.
And the liberty is all yours, decide your place and drive it in your way.
- This truck camping is more profitable as you have to invest only once, and used it for years. You also save the money that costs to book an expensive hotel during vacation.
- This truck camping is all about freedom, where ever you want you can travel. You can also travel to remote areas and, that too having no time limitation.
- Very flexible, and setup is quick.
- You can enjoy your private time and exclusively for travelers.
- The maintenance of these trucks is low and only required usual servicing.
You must be in a dilemma whether to sleep in your truck or not?
Is it comfortable and in less price?
The answer is yes, you can sleep in the truck comfortably at night by just buying a truck bed tent and truck canopies. You don’t have to think much about the price as all of them are affordable. But, before that, you must know about these gears in detail and which is best for you.
Here you get a variety of options like sleeping truck bed tents, under a canopy, or pop-up camper. All of these gears are affordable and at a lesser price. You can choose accordingly with the description below:
1) Sleeping in the truck: When we talk about camping it becomes important to know that you don’t have to buy expensive sleeping gear to sleep peacefully. You can enable the seats properly or just lower the seats of the truck in a comfortable position and enjoy your night peacefully without worrying much.
2) Truck bed tent camping: It is important for you to be comfortable while traveling for that you must have a truck bed and for that bed tent is the best. This allows you to sleep peacefully at night. Also, it is a great deal as in exchange with the expenses of the bed tent you get a comfortable sleep at night. Moreover, these truck beds are available in different sizes. Attachment and dis-attachments are quite easy to do.
- Truck beds are much more affordable than other expensive campers.
- The weight of these truck bed tents is minimum and light.
- They can adjust anywhere you want them to as there is no ladder system and hence are portable.
- They also are available in many colors, shapes, and sizes you wish to buy. Therefore, giving you varieties.
- These truck beds are budget-friendly.
- While traveling, you don’t have to go out to find the comfortable piece of land for you to settle down just attach your tent with the truck and sleep peacefully.
- There are also some additional features like gear lofts, awnings, and rain fly which are added for more convenience.
3) Pick-up Truck Pop-up Campers: The campers are much more expensive than bed tent and canopies but serve you the maximum room for yourself as these are bigger and have much space, also providing you to stand in the truck bed.
You must also know about the thing that requires in the truck camping.
- Get camping gear.
- If long trips must-have kitchenware.
- Some effects and utilities to make it look attractive.
- Emergency kit and first aid.
- Electronic power accessories.
Now, we will point out some of the essential items for truck camping. Let us go through one by one for each pickup.
TRUCK CAMPING SETUP ACCESSORIES :
- Camper tie downs and turnbuckles
The first thing is to make sure that the pickup truck is secure, for that use tie-downs and turnbuckles, which positions in the backside and front side of the truck camper. Tie-down attaches to the truck. And, it provides a lower attachment to the truck camper by giving stability.The Turnbuckles connect the anchor in a camper of the tie-down, which makes it easy to release during a lockdown.
- Lifting jacks
The jacks provide support to the camper when it is parked. There are varieties of jacks, like scissor jacks, floor jacks, bottle jacks, etc. All use to lift during a maintenance check.
- Portable air compressor
It is necessary when you travel in a truck as you have to refill the air in tires. Then, this air compressor probably will help you put air back into the tires.
- Truck camper cover
It just covers your camper as a shield from dust and rain. These covers are available in various sizes and colors.
- 12-volt fan
A fan is important during traveling, especially in summer, to keep the truck cool.
- Hitch carriers
These are the carriers that can carry your bicycle if you want to take it along, then this will help you with easy transportation.
- Lock and load storage tray
This tray lets you store your camping gear.
- Camper wobble stopper and awning
Wobble stopper supports the truck connection between jack legs and the camper body. The shade is necessary during summer, and a lightweight awning is best to carry.
GENERAL TRUCK CAMPING GEAR :
- Sleeping gears
These sleeping gears include mattresses, pads, pillows, and blankets. During the trip, you need to have comfortable night tools to get sound sleep, and a light quilt and mattress to cover yourself.
- General tools
Here we have insect repellent, air-tight containers for cooking food, an ax for cutting firewoods at night, velcro for drilling holes. Campsite fires are essential for starting the fire and a knife for cutting meat and ropes.
- Hammocks and outdoor gears
Hammocks are flexible and comfortable as you can hang and relax on them. The outdoor mats keep the dirt outside the camper, and the outdoor screen room lets you enjoy your privacy or let you keep your pet as well.
A portable camping toilet is essential while traveling and a showerhead for convenience.
- Water filters
Water filters are crucial for safe drinking water.
PERSONAL CAMPING ACCESSORIES :
You must have daily using stuff while you travel:
- wool shirt
- duffle bags
- sleeping socks.
- wind jacket
- multi-purpose shoes
These are essentials that you must have for comfortable camping.
KITCHEN ACCESSORIES FOR TRUCK CAMPING :
- Camping Stove
These stoves are portable and used virtually everywhere. It gives you a feel as if you are at home.
- Portable cooler
A refrigerator keeps the food fresh for a period.
- Kitchen skillets
It includes types of skillet that are useful for cooking your favorite dishes while you are craving for it.
- Kitchen wear
It includes water jug, bag, food box for storage, foldable cutting board, and vegetable peelers.
- Dutch oven and grills
These are portable and provides you cook fresh food without any hesitation.
- Folding dining table
A dining table gives you the convenience you deserve outside.
- Espresso machine and microwave
The espresso machine is useful for making coffee without using electricity and microwave equips that have stainless steel and automatic settings.
ELECTRONIC AND POWER SUPPLIERS :
- Portable solar power
- Navigation system
- Mobile hotspot
- Electrical adapter
- Hard drive
- Bluetooth speaker
- Led lights rechargeable
EMERGENCY ACCESSORIES :
- First aid kit
During traveling, you are prone to injuries and illness. You must keep a first aid kit with you. The kit includes the following items:
- Cotton swabs
- Safety pins
- Burn cream
- Hand sanitizer
- Cold compress packs
- Road-side Kit
Truck breakdowns are familiar in trucks, and you must go through the product list.
- Sip ties
- Electrical tape
- Tire repair and jack
- Tire pressure gauges
- Spare tire
- Jumper cables
- Zip ties
- Fire extinguisher
You must be ready for any emergency or an accident that requires the facility to eliminate the fire.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Heaters are one of the better ways to keep truck warm and, it is affordable too.
The must drive the truck slow and without much exertion so that things are kept safe.
- Original Air beds blue air mattress
- Pittman outdoor green full-size mattress.
- Right line gear truck bed air mattress.
Final Words :
Hence, these were some essential things that you must keep on mind while traveling in a truck or thinking of truck camping. Happy traveling!